2013-12-30

Daily Sketch III - Day #21-30

Here comes the next 10 sketches I did. I have started with two done on my phone and then I had a bit more time so I got back to watercolour ones. Because I adore watercolours :)

To move my brain even more than I do through daily practice, I've decided to do some quick splash art. "What's that?", you ask. Here comes an explanation. First I leave some watercolour marks, dots, splashes, strokes, whatever on paper and leave it to dry. Then I take the paper and rotate it in my hands to see if the shapes formed by splashes remind me of anything particular. It may be a thing (a tree) or just a feeling (sunny afternoon). Sometimes it's hard to see anything, sometimes it's really easy. Try it yourself, just for fun :)

To make things a bit more complicated I use colour schemes randomly selected by Color Scheme Designer - click "random -> randomize palette" on the top menu to see how it works. Some colours it selects are pretty wicked but they always go well together.

Enough of the talking, here are my sketches:

 Day 21 and 22 done on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in SketchBook app by Autodesk (totally worth buying).

 Day 23 - painted while listening to The Civil War's new album. It's amazing as always.


 Day 25 - This is a cat character in which I put great expectations. But since it's a secret project I cannot tell more yet ;)











Those "splash sketches" vary pretty much from what I usually do. But, because of that, they are quite a relief to do - no one expects anything particular from them, not even me. Plus, it's really a lot of fun to force my brain and imagination to work harder and differently than usual.

A.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the link to the Color Scheme Designer...I just used it on the randomize setting to "Colour splash" six pages in my sketchbook! What a great idea when stuck for something to paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! :) And it makes you use colours or colour schemes you would never even think of. It's so much out of one's comfort zone.

      Delete

spread the love